I am now a candidate for licensing school to be a local licensed pastor in the UM conference; I met with my “mentor” this past Saturday to talk about the process and see which avenues I would need to take in terms of preparing for seminary. It was an interesting conversation, to say the least.
Here’s some first impressions:
- Lots of paperwork and reading to do.
- Bunches of red tape.
- Definitely a need for lots of prayer from all those around me as I am allowing the Holy Spirit to guide my steps through this massive undertaking.
- I am seeing more and more that the state of our church in is dire straits; we need more pastors in the pulpit to preach the Word of God in season and out of season. People want and NEED Jesus, and they are lacking in being properly fed from scripture.
- I am glad that I have two pastors in my life (Mike and Joe) who have been great prayer warriors as I go through my teachings.
- I am thankful that Jeannie is my helpmate and is willing to stand beside me and help nurture and strengthen me through prayer and love.
So…the journey begins!