Here's what the Davis's are doing this long holiday weekend:
- Italian Night at Trinity UMC tonight – Mike, Linda, and Paula White will tell of their misadventures while on vacation in the beautiful settings of Rome and surrounding turf. We'll feast on many authentic area dishes and view photos.
- TUMC's Joy Singers Youth will be going to Chillicothe Saturday for a movie matinee and lunch; we get to be engulfed by 20 over-energetic and frenzied pre-teens.
- Tomorrow night we're having some church friends over for low country boil, my specialty that I cook at least twice a year once the weather warms up. It's a cajun thing filled with shrimp, sausage, chicken (if so desired), onions, garlic, new potatoes, shrimp boil and cajun seasoning. Hearkens back to my down South days living on and near the beach.
- Also tomorrow night Jeannie and I have the joy of playing mom and dad to nine kids. Woohoo!
- Sunday is church and Jeannie and I are also singing at Park Baptist Church in Brookfield, where our niece Kimmie is having a commission service before her mission trip to India. We'll sure miss her, but we are so thankful that she is doing God's work! 🙂
- Monday there will be a Memorial Day service at Twin Parks in Brookfield at 11:00AM, where American Legion Post 182 will be doing a 21 gun salute.
In between these things…we'll find some time to rest. LOL.
Have a safe and blessed Memorial Day Weekend!!
Key words: Memorial Day, Trinity UMC, Brookfield MO, Park Baptist Church, American Legion Post 182, Rome, Italy, low country boil, living on the beach, mission trip, commission service, Twin Parks, 21 gun salute.