The past five days have been really busy ones; sorry for the lack of any news from the Davis household.
Here's what has transpired:
- Left Friday in the very early AM (about 4:30, for those of you keeping tabs) to drive to Chattanooga, TN, to pick up Jordan and Jonathan…and to also see my youngest boy, Isaac Benjamin. We arrived there Friday about 5:30PM and went out to dinner at Cracker Barrel.
- Saturday was a leisurely day at Rock City on top of Lookout Mountain. If you get a chance, check it out if you're in the area. Pretty cool place and a good reminder of the beauty of God's creation.
- Arrived back in Missouri Sunday morning around 12:30AM. Got about 4 hours of sleep before church.
- Sunday – church all day; a good southern gospel concert with Messengers of Faith that evening.
- Today – took the rental car back to Kansas City airport; spent a nice lunch with Jeannie and then had our last Discipleship II class at Mike and Linda's house. Sure gonna miss the great fellowship we have there.
It sure is nice to be home again…1600 miles is a long way to drive in two days but it was worth every dollar spent because we got to spend time with Isaac. 🙂
Key words: Chattanooga TN, Lookout Mountain, Rock City, God's creation, church, Messengers of Faith, Discipleship II.