Prayerfully, within the next few weeks we will be in a new house! The doors are opening up for us to be closer to the churches that I am serving at, so that we can minister to the people and visit when needed. Here’s the details:
- 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths
- HUGE family room and living room; the family room will be split up into an office and dining area
- Fully-equipped kitchen, including all appliances AND dishwasher
- Washer/dryer included
- Living room fireplace
- Dual gas grills on the back patio
- Attic space that can be converted into two or three more bedrooms; it already has a floor and would just need sheetrock hung and ductwork covered.
- Large garage
- Underground storm shelter
- Outdoor area to put our pool and trampoline
- Place to hang a hammock 🙂
- Corral to have horses (for Jeannie)
Now, the drawbacks:
- 32 miles one-way to my workplace every day
- 18 miles from Brookfield, the closest Wal-Mart
So, as you can tell, there are more positives than negatives. I know that one day, when I am in the ministry full-time, the drive won’t matter; and it is a beautiful house, with nice open-air country living, and a spectacular view of the surrounding area. I know that it will be a good place to just relax and slow down our hectic lifestyle. And, even though I know that we will be busy in the ministry a lot of time…that is being busy for the Lord, and it’s a lot different than being busy JUST to be busy.
Our target move date is the middle of this month. So pray for us.