Well, it will be in a few hours, at least. 🙂
I hope that the past year has seen many wonderful changes in your lives and that you look forward to an even more awesome 2008. As a recap, here were the groundbreaking events that occurred in the Davis household for 2007:
- I was blessed to be able to speak at Park Baptist Church in Brookfield as pulpit supply in January. I had always wanted to stand in that pulpit to proclaim God’s Word, and He was faithful.
- Also in January, I received word that I would be attending Local Pastors Licensing School at Fayette in May 2007; I also received notification from our District Superintendent that I would be appointed two churches after LS.
- The transmission went out on our van in February, followed by the cam sensor and other assorted goodies to the tune of about $1500.
- We officially became foster parents in March.
- I filled the pulpit for two Sunday morning services at our home church, Trinity UMC, in Brookfield during Lenten season, and also at First Baptist Church in Laclede at the end of March.
- Jeannie and I celebrated another wonderful year of marital bliss in April!
- I kept up a running log of the huge forest fire in southeast Georgia/northeast Florida in May 2007.
- I attended Local Pastor’s Licensing School in May and went through with flying colors.
- I received confirmation on my first appointment in the Missouri United Methodist Conference to Bear Branch and Purdin UMC’s in June 2007.
- We moved into a much bigger home on a farm near Browning, and near the churches I am serving, in July.
- Presided over our first Ham and Turkey Dinner at Bear Branch UMC; also had our first charge conference for BB and Purdin combined (both in October).
- Big ice storm in northern Missouri in mid December.
- Big snowstorm also in north Missouri at year’s end. We have about 7 inches of the white stuff on the ground as of New Year’s Eve.
- Appointed a third church in the charge in December 2007; this one is Pleasant Grove UMC, between Purdin and Bear Branch. I begin as their pastor in January 2008.
So, as you can tell, this past year was quite eventful. We anxiously look forward to 2008 and to God’s mighty wonders as we continue to serve Him!!
God bless everyone, and have a safe and happy New Year!