November 2, 2007
Or nonsense from the Davis household…or whatever might float your boat. LOL.
These past three weeks have been, to say the least, interesting; and hectic; and everything else. In between having our charge conference at Purdin UMC (for both churches; it’s basically the yearly business meeting) to doing my first funeral service as a licensed pastor to singing at another service for a family friend of Jeannie’s…well, it seems as if our world has been rushed to no end.
And, to top it off, we now have three new foster additions to our household; this makes six total kiddos, plus the Kels-meister, of course. We never have a dull moment. Drop in and see chaos at total work. 🙂
This Sunday should be enlightening; God gave me message on Zacchaeus entitled, “Come on down!” and part of the message is a little play on those immortal words from “The Price is Right” game show. Let’s see if it gets to kind of laugh I’m expecting. If not…oh, well. 🙂
June 25, 2007
And that’s all I have to say about that.
April 26, 2007
My oh my, where has the week gone? Seemed like yesterday was Saturday and Jeannie and I were gearing up for another busy weekend…and before you know it….here another weekend is looming large before us.
My beloved and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend with a jacuzzi, some chilled grape juice, breakfast in bed, and some good alone time. Woohoo! WeDO need some recharging time just before the madness begins in June (for more info on that, see the next post…LOL)
On another note, we are sad to report that our two little foster kiddos went back home to grandma (after a home visit and everything checking out ok)…we miss them, but we know this is how the system works. We are praying that mom and dad get their acts straightened out and be the parents that God intends them to be. 🙂
More news to come in the next post!
April 17, 2007
- Foster parenting is going well. We’re starting to get into a routine and nights are getting more sleep-filled; brain cell loss from lack of snooze time is starting to level off now…which is welcome news for Jeannie and I. 🙂
- Met one final time with my ministry mentor yesterday and finished up the Candidacy Guidebook. Next step…Local Pastors Licensing School!
- Ran the foster kids around this weekend for doctor checkups, last-minute stuff to get at Wal-Mart, etc. We are all exhausted. But, at least that is done.
- Our home church, Trinity UMC, took up a Sunday evening offering to help offset expenses for the school I’m attending in May. What a blessing! It will definitely help.
- Prayers are being lifted up for us to find a home in Brookfield, which will be closer to the Children’s Division (for foster parenting); closer to our families; closer to the churches I’ll be pastoring; and, most of all…it will be BIGGER with much needed space. So, say a prayer for us, please. We’ve found a house that is very, very nice and roomy, with a nice yard and very well-kept. We’ll see what happens.
That’s a few things happening in our world…how about yours?
April 13, 2007
So, lemme take that back….
Yesterday afternoon we received a call from the Children’s Division about two more children that needed to be placed; after discussing it at length with Jeannie we went ahead and said yes. We made arrangements for beds and high chairs; clothing and diapers; lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) and etc. etc. We were supposed to get them this late afternoon.
Well, they were brought to us this morning. 🙂
So now our household is truly bursting at the seams. LOL. But even through the hectic pace and the frazzled nerves, there is much laughter and joy. Our prayer is that these kids feel loved and cared for while they are with us, and that we can be a part of the healing process of reunification and reconciliation, if at all possible. And, if not, then we pray that we can continue to be there as “pseudo” parents for those children who God sends to us in their time of need.
Thanks for the prayers through this fantastic adventure. And it is TRULY an adventure!
March 16, 2007
Well, we signed all of the legal paperwork with the Children’s Division of the State of Missouri last night; we are now just awaiting on the Division to enter everything into the computer and have our license in hand. Of course, as soon as the necessary stuff is inputed into their system, we can expect a phone call wanting to know if we can take any kids…LOL. And we will be more than happy to do just that.
We feel that being foster parents is a calling from God, as we are happy to open up our home and provide a loving and nurturing environment and some stability in these children’s lives. It is a joy and privilege to share our hearts, and our lives.
So pray for us as we embark on yet another wonderful adventure on this journey that we call “life”! It is bound to be interesting!
February 12, 2007
Kelsey turns 10 years old today; I am happy but also saddened seeing her grow up so quickly. 😦 In the four years that Jeannie and I have been together, we’ve watched her go from a short, shy kiddo to a taller, beautiful young lady. There is a lot of promise for her future, to be sure.
And I am proud to call her, and Briana, (and let’s not forget Micah too, even if she’s not here on earth anymore) my daughters. I am blessed and thankful to have such great girls that love the Lord.
So, to my munchie Kels–happy birthday! I love you! 🙂